Blog Archive

Monday, September 7, 2015

My mobile phones memories



When i was in form 2 i was so envious at other kids who have nokia 3310, i ask my dad but what i get is a scolding "why ur grades are soo bad? next year PMR!! and get throw at with AA battery. bc hati ka meli talipaun". So, in order to satisfy my lust, i work at H20 sarawak plaza for a month for rm2/hr on end of the year school holiday.

So at the end of the month i have enough money to buy myself a phone, opting for nokia 2100 instead of 3310 because it have a slot at the back that we can insert passport picture, so i put in a pic of my gerek at the time la

After that i came up a lame excuse to my boss so i can quit working and spend the remaining 3 weeks or so with my new phone and spare money hanging out at;

1. KP
2. SP
3. Alacarte
4. Museum
5. Parkson
6. Electra house
7. Wisma satok
8. Hopoh
9. Saberkas
10. mun rajin - MJC

I really love my phone 2100.
Well, Thinking about old phone makes me want to make a post about phone that i used over the years.


1. Nokia 210




This is my first mobile phone. What i like about this is;

1. Polyphonic ringtones
2. Colorful casing/easy to change
3. passport size picture holder at the back
4. lightweight
5. soft keys easy to type with it.


2. Bird A120









I bought this after i finished PMR, after getting a good result and my parent give me 100 for each A. i get 5A's muahahahha. I bought this phone in Sungei Wang in KL when we on holiday in KL. I really like the phone coz;

1. its a flip phone, what is there not to like ( i dont care about the brand)
2. Metaliic looks with external screen
3. lightweight
4. its a flip!
5. Its a flip!! just close the flip to end call which is COOL!!!


3. Nokia 3650







Damn!! my 1st smartphone!! powered by symbian the true multi tasking operation system. Symbian is the today's android. U can practically do anything with it. Once i install DOOM game and played with it for hours. Install microsoft office application and it became my mini computer. It has infrared port and replaced can replace my tv remote. My portable mp3 and video player, my digital camera (coz 0.3mp is the bomb back then).

1. Bulky but COOL!!!!
2. Odd arrangement of keys but TOO COOL TO GIVE A F$@k!
3. Bluetooth power!!!
4. Infrared power!!!!!
5. Expandable memory card!!!!!!! MORE MP3 MORE VIDS!!
6. TFT color screen. Back then this was considered super ultra HD.
7. 0.3 Camera. Ohhhh snapshot at its best


4. Motorola V3x









Continuing the tradition of flip phone, i manage to get v3x from ebay. Used phone but still in a good condition. It is a cool phone, really! I didn't get the razr series because it is to slim and feel fragile in my hands. It has good camera with macro and normal setting that can be adjusted with a toggle when you flip the phone. I has a flash for night photo and overall a cool killer phone, suit my needs.

1. cool flip mechanism, easy to flip open with spring loaded recoil.
2. clear color screen.
3. 2 mp main camera with 0.3mp face facing camera which is nicceeee
4. external screen for simple navigation and view text messages.
5. mp3 ready phone with external memory slot.
6. tactile and responsive keypads compare to razr series.
7. cool form factor! (did i mention this before?)


5. Motorola E680







I ordered this phone from ebay and it is a used phone but in a good condition. At the time i was into touch screen so i opt for this beast. Yes you cant compare the screen size with today's smartphone but back in the days, it was good enough. Besides it is a entertainment phone with stereo speakers and multi directional d-pad. Comes with memory card slot and once my main video player, 3gp style hehe.

1. full touch screen
2. stereo speakers, very loud and clear with bassy effect.
3. cool form factor
4. rear camera 0.3mp but i was good enough


6. Nokia 6600 and Nokia 6670












Came the days of the mighty NOKIA SABUN!!! together with note Nokia 6670 aka daun2, They are the most wanted phones of the year! I bought this from one of my bestest friend and my sister for a bargain and really love its versatility as a smartphone and it was my everything except for a kitchen sink.

1. unique design
2. symbian power
3. wide range of connectivity
4. unlimited apps
5. memory expansion


7. Sony Ericsson S700i




Aaaaaa, i just love japan technology. This phone is a masterpiece and i regret letting it go last time. Even only using 1.3mp back camera, the picture is superb thanks to its lenses (CCD over CMOS). I love playing one tennis game pre-loaded with the phone but i really2 love the camera!!! too bad it only support up to 128mb of memory stick. but you dont find this design any more nowadays.

1. Great camera
2. Swerve design WOW
3. bright screen
4. good tactile keypads


8. Sony Ericsson P990i

My first PDA / smartphone and i love its dual keypad. Flip the numeric keypad and revealed to you the marvelous QWERTY keyboard. It is a bit bulky and heavy at time but not much bother to me. The camera is ok with only 2MP but the overall construction is unique. Besides u can remove the numerical keypad and use qwerty only. cool!!

1. 2 types of input
2. large screen
3. range of connectivity options
4. unique design


9. Sony Ericson W700i






Do you still remember your old walkman? either cassette or disc player? who wouldn't. This is not a smart phone but it is definitely one heck of a cool phone. I got this from a swap with my friend with the p990i. I got this baby for the bass, for the bass yeah!!!

1. small form factor
2. good audio quality
3. easy to type on


10. Nokia N82





Bought the phone from my friend and i'm immediately impress with the camera and its xenon flash. My personal compact camera at the time and symbian is great. Great phone overall as the brand N-series screams quality. Even though the keypad looks weird but it is comfortable to use when you are familiar with it.

1. Bold design
2. Great camera + Flash
3. Symbian
4. great screen at the time


11. LG KC550





My 1st LG phone that i bought in Wisma Saberkas. I'm was in pink color. Overall experience with it is ok and i like its camera which is fitted with Schneider Kreuznach lenses and picture quality for a 5MP is ok but not the best (vs its Carl Zeiss counterpart). I personally like its slide mechanism which is spring loaded and sliding the phone is so easy.

1. Good 5mp camera
2. Nice construction, good spring loaded mechanism.


12. Nokia N95i








My second N-series was the N95i. It is a really2 great phone with a lot a features that i definitely loves. I has the best 5MP camera around, great design with dual sliding, slide up to reveal the numerical keypad, slide down to reveled its multimedia physical buttons which is unique in a sense of way.

1. Dual sliding
2. great camera
3. great keypad
4. good screen
5. host of connectivity options
6. symbian


13. Iphone 3G





Who could resist the mighty iphone? At the time, 3gs already out but i don't have the $ to buy one so i buy the next best thing, 3G.

1. its a iphone
2. its a iphone
3. its a iphone
4. iphone.


14. LG Optimus 2X







It was the 1st dual core phone to the world at the time, and i cant wait for the Samsung Galaxy S2 to come out, which i know it will be expensive as hell, so i bought it. At the time, it is priced at RM2299 and i get a good quality LG HDMI with it. Back at the days, dual core is really fast and furthermore this phone is powered by NVIDIA chipset with is nice. and owh, did i mention that this is my 1st android phone? using android 2.2.1 gingerbread.


15. Samsung Galaxy Note







WoW is the word most suitable describing this BEAST. The largest and biggest phone that i ever use at the moment. Great for multimedia and games. S-pen is the best of it all. i do use it a lot to not down notes on the go. The real multitasking smartphone with flagship specs.


16. Apple Iphone 4s







Iphone 4s is a major upgrade from the 3G that i owned previously. In all aspect in terms of screen resolution, built quality, chip set and camera. Due to the glass construction it is very much fragile. My front screen cracked and i haven't change it since. haha


17. Samsung Galaxy Note 3







My daily driver, my daily note taker, my mini cinema, camcoder and snapshooter. Been with my side tru thick and thin. It never fails me. I love the specs in this beast. Hopefully you continue by my side until a new one come at least. hehehe.


18. Samsung Tab S 8.4




Look at the screen. SO SO MESMERIZING!!! 2K display at its best!!! its the only reason i bought it. Videos are amazing to watch in this device. The specs is not flagship material but it will get you by through the day. My portable entertainment system!


Well, that is all folks!!!

No comments: